The Wonders of Wellness (WOW) program is Empowerment Systems, Inc.’s internal employee worksite wellness program. Empowerment Systems, Inc.’s approach to employee wellness is multi-facetted and consists of initiatives and programing that fall within seven dimensions; environmental, spiritual, emotional, intellectual, occupational, social and physical. The WOW program is governed by a worksite wellness committee.
Vision: To create a workplace environment and culture that supports the overall wellbeing of
Empowerment Systems, Inc.’s employees.
- April 18, 12:10-12:40pm - Webinar: "How much should you eat? Caloric Needs and Calculation." Learn how to calculate your calorie needs based off of your gender and activity level. Learn how to balance healthy eating with exercise to obtain your ideal caloric intake and expenditure. Register Here
Chronic Disease Self-Management Education Workshops
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Education (CDSME) programs are evidenced-based workshops developed by Stanford University. The workshops are facilitated by peers to empower participants to live healthier lives day-to- day. By facilitating a CDSME workshop on behalf of Empowerment Systems, Inc. and by showing your commitment to wellness, you are eligible to receive a reward for each workshop you completed.
Interested in proposing a wellness activity to the wellness committee? Send a brief program description to email@example.com.
For Health Net Members
- Health Incentive Program - Earn $50!
- Members can take a Health Risk Questionnaire (HRQ) and share results with their doctors. In return, Health Net will give you a $50 gift certificate. There are 3 steps
It will take about two weeks after step 3 for members to recieve their certificate, which they can redeem online and use at hundreds of popular retailers. There is additional incentives available for those diagnosed with diabetes to earn another $250. More details can be found on the Health Net website. Nurse24 – A free hotline to speak with a nurse for any medical needs.Healthy Discounts – Save on various health services that are not covered. These include, but are not limited to: acupuncture, chiropractic care, eye care and lasik, and weight watchers.
- Take the HRQ online and print the Wellness Assessment Results.
- Schedule your 2017 annual preventative care physical exam (annual exam) with your doctor. Take the Wellness Assessment Results with them to the annual exam and share results with your doctor.
- After the exam, let Health Net know you are done by filling out an online form to confirm you've see your doctor.
- Free Tobacco Cessation program
- Call 1-800-55-66-222 or visit https://ashline.org/
Health Education from GVAHEC Students